A Musculoskeletal (MSK) Ultrasound is a specialized exam that looks provides real-time images of muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and cartilage throughout the body. MSK can assess the following but not limited to:
- Tendon tears or tendinitis of the rotator cuff in the shoulder, Achilles tendon in the ankle and many other tendons throughout the body.
- Muscle tears, masses or fluid collections.
- Ligament sprains or tears.
- Inflammation or fluid (effusions) within the bursae and joints.
- Nerve entrapments such as carpal tunnel syndrome.